1. Welcome to the Canadian Fishing Forum! If this is your first visit, please go ahead and sign-up to become a member! (Many threads and comments are visible only to Members who sign up with a VALID email address.) Do not hesitate to contribute and interact with fellow members.

lithium winless power bank car jump and lights

Discussion in 'DEALS. Share a link.' started by Neil, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Neil

Neil Well-Known Member

Just picked one up as Costco has them for $69.99. The cheapest I have seen. Unreal how light it is. Anybody have any experience using them if they are cold say in a back pack or luggage on a sled all day?

Pelican also slightly redesigned there bogans. Switched the hitch points to the outside on the sides. Interesting!

The prices on LED pot lights, security lights hanging lights and dimmer switches is just stupid cheap with the Hydro rebate. You would save a bundle if doing a reno. I got the last programmable dimmers, they were $26 for two, Rona/HD is about $50 for 1. The pot lights (50watt equivalent) work out to $8 a piece, just insane.

ribbie, Coward, Thane and 2 others like this.
  2. Neil

Neil Well-Known Member

Just a heads up on the lithium winless power bank. I had to jump my sled the other day (left the ignition on) nothing life or death was just at home. Pulled out the power bank kit to test it out. It jumped the sled (barely) but think it would not jump your car or truck as it had depleted to 1/2 power since late Oct. With it being lithium, thought it would be a top it up once a year thing but in 3 months is had lost 50%. I just leave it in my truck and its well within the operating storage temps recommended (down to -21). Truck is parked in a heated garage at 7'C and rarely gets below freezing in the truck. If you do have one keep an eye on it and keep it topped up just in case. Found this interesting, it was on that battery university site, have no idea if the graph is accurate or not.
    Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 12.08.03 PM.png

3. Green

Green Well-Known Member

The noco gb70 started my truck 3 times in -30 on one charge, the last boost the doors wouldn’t unlock it was so dead. Noco was still at 75%. Kept it in my truck as well but park outside and it still holds charge.

Gord and craigm like this.
  4. lake-fisher

lake-fisher Well-Known Member

My noco gb40 was charged months ago, but it still boosted my sons work van several times on the coldest days this winter.

LizLakeZed and Gord like this.
  5. Neil

Neil Well-Known Member

Thats good news, I hope this one works half as good as that. Will store it again and see how it goes, if the same issue continues Costco will get it back.

Gord likes this.
  6. Coward

Coward Well-Known Member

I can attest to the GB40. I have a habit of leaving my interior light on in my van, 7 year old battery has been run down stone cold dead a dozen or more times in the dead of winter.

I’ve used the Noco 3 times this winter, I charged it after each time just because. The last time I needed it it was -30 and it needed a couple jolts from the pack to just barely start it. Hasn’t failed me yet lol

rayzer and Gord like this.
  7. Ernie

Ernie Administrator Staff Member

This hunting season I was in the bush and hadn't started the truck for 5 days. Went to start it and battery is dead. Left the dome light on. My GB40 boostered it like a champ. Hadnt charged it for at least 2 months. Its always in my truck. Soon as I got my truck going is when we found out the 2 other trucks also had a dead battery. One because he was using jumper cables to run the 12 volt heater fan all night and the other one was just plain dead. The GB40 boosted both trucks without a hiccup. 3 trucks boosted within 10 minutes and I'd bet I could have boosted another truck no problem. That thing is worth it's weight in gold.

Thane, Gord, Dave and 2 others like this.
  8. Gotaf7

Gotaf7 Well-Known Member

Bringing this thread back, Crappy Tire has the GB40 on sale for $128. I was going to pick one up but after reading a few reviews on CT’s website that suggested they would not boost bigger V8 engines, I figured I would ask here for the real answer. Reviews seem real positive here, so am I right in assuming boosting V8’s is no problem?

9. Jneuf

Jneuf Well-Known Member

I boosted a V8 with my gb40. Those things are golden...will have one with me all the time now.

Gord, LizLakeZed, Ernie and 1 other person like this.
  10. Ernie

Ernie Administrator Staff Member

I have boostered a V8 at least 10 times so far with mine. 3 weeks ago I booster my tractor with it. Granted, I had to leave it on for 15 minutes before it had enough effect. But I got it started. Could not have started it without.

Last summer I booster a smaller grain truck with mine. Guy was parked along the hiway. He had shut his engine of to make a phone call. I hooked up my gb40, left it on for about 5 minutes and it fired right up.

I wouldn't leave home without mine.

Gord and Gotaf7 like this.
  11. Gotaf7

Gotaf7 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, on my way to pick one up.

Gord likes this.
  12. Gord

Gord Well-Known Member

128. Ooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Jneuf

Jneuf Well-Known Member

I ran into a battery issue in the boat last year. I'll spare all the details (and that it was my own fault), but having one of these in the boat is going to bring a lot of piece of mind.

@Neil - keep us posted on whether or not you get a chance to try yours again. At $69.99 I'd buy a few extra so I wouldn't have to keep swapping mine from vehicle to vehicle.

14. LizLakeZed

LizLakeZed Well-Known Member

I bought the Noco GB40 (based on recommendation from this site) on sale at Canadian Tire to have as a backup now that I run a 4 stroke sled. I charged it once and have since boosted my wife's vehicle twice, and my quad once. It worked flawlessly and still shows full charge. I wouldn't be without one now.

Ernie, Gotaf7, craigm and 1 other person like this.
  15. craigm

craigm Well-Known Member

I haven’t needed to boost anything of mine yet....but all these reports and general experience with Lithium give me a ton of piece of mind!

Ernie and Gord like this.
  16. Gord

Gord Well-Known Member

Whats the charge time on them?

17. lake-fisher

lake-fisher Well-Known Member

D0EAD2B9-7555-42D0-A328-BE65369D3361.png

Ernie likes this.
  18. Gotaf7

Gotaf7 Well-Known Member

I picked one up, mostly want it for my boat because I had a no start at Pinefalls last year, surprised how small it is. One of those things I hope I never need to use.

Gord and Jneuf like this.
  19. Gord

Gord Well-Known Member

That's why it's small you never use it..
    Going to wait for the next sale on it.. i have it in my sales alert..

20. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

Sorry for after the fact but check with Mb Battery...regularly on sale for $119.00.

lake-fisher and Ernie like this.