1. Welcome to the Canadian Fishing Forum! If this is your first visit, please go ahead and sign-up to become a member! (Many threads and comments are visible only to Members who sign up with a VALID email address.) Do not hesitate to contribute and interact with fellow members.

Minor bug

Discussion in 'Got Any Tips And/Or Suggestions For The Forum?' started by Andrew, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I noticed that after ignoring Carlos that although the ignored posts are hidden, they are still included in the count of threads per page. This results in threads that are visible being on page 2 or higher, even though all the threads on the preceding pages are hidden.

I think the fix for xenforo might be as easy as basing the threads per page count off visible (filtered) threads vs threads in the database.

Not a big problem, but hey, the license ain't free, so they might as well fix it.

2. Neil

Neil Well-Known Member

just use the new post button with ignore and its like he is not even here. I wouldn't be bugging Ernie and stressing him out on his hunting trip personally.

Ernie and Gary like this.
  3. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it to bother Ernie - it's minor. I thought he would just appreciate hearing about a defect. I deliberately posted as opposed to pm'ing him because it's not urgent. We could not report defects, but I don't think he's appreciate that. Besides, this is a xenforo issue, not an Ernie issue.

Ernie likes this.
  4. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Just to be absolutely clear for anyone who doesn't comprehend my original description of the defect: high-volume usage results in posts that should not be hidden being hidden by the ignore feature. I cannot write it more simply than that.

5. Ernie

Ernie Administrator Staff Member

TX Andrew. I never noticed that. I'll see if I can find why it's doing that.