1. Welcome to the Canadian Fishing Forum! If this is your first visit, please go ahead and sign-up to become a member! (Many threads and comments are visible only to Members who sign up with a VALID email address.) Do not hesitate to contribute and interact with fellow members.

Seems like the truth

Discussion in 'Share a Joke' started by Magic13, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Magic13

Magic13 Well-Known Member

2. Green

Green Well-Known Member

Had 2 very friendly, maybe grade 5 ers, walk down the street in the fall saying they'll rake all the leaves for 5$.. their parents are very very well off, and the kids don't need 5$... but here they are, so they earned the 5$. It all starts with the parents in my opinion! The Xbox doesn't just magically appear in the kids hands! The parents put it there!
    Unless they shovelled snow the previous year and bought it themeselves and now they retired from shovelling to play it..

ribbie, junior1987, craigm and 2 others like this.
  3. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

We used to do that as kids. Man did I love snowstorms because we would haul in the cash. If we were lucky we got $20 for a big sidewalk and walked away with ear to ear grins. Back then you could buy a lot of stuff for $10 each!

ribbie, craigm and Jason7mm like this.
  4. junior1987

junior1987 Active Member

I used to do it to. Now it's hard to find kids or young adults that actually want to work. I am a young guy and most of my buddies would rather play Xbox then actually work.

My parents used to say hard to find good help these days. Now I say it. And you can't teach ambition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ribbie, craigm, robm and 1 other person like this.
  5. robm

robm Well-Known Member

Shovelled driveways from when I was old enough to hold a shovel until I graduated high school!

ribbie and Tony like this.
  6. WalleyeSlayer

WalleyeSlayer Well-Known Member

shoveled the neighbour's driveways and walks in the winter, cut their grass in the summer, raked their leaves in the fall and turned their garden in the spring. All part of being a kid in the country... and that was after my own chores at home, of course.

Patty likes this.