1. Welcome to the Canadian Fishing Forum! If this is your first visit, please go ahead and sign-up to become a member! (Many threads and comments are visible only to Members who sign up with a VALID email address.) Do not hesitate to contribute and interact with fellow members.

Easy fish and potatoes.

Discussion in 'Share Your Fish Cooking Recipes.' started by Cam, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Cam

Cam Well-Known Member

One of my staples, easy to do with any non oily fish.
    Fish:

lay two fillets on a piece of aluminum foil. Add two slices of tomato. Put two pats of butter on the fish. I season with lemon pepper, seasoning salt, garlic salt and basil. Seal up tinfoil, fold ends up to keep juices in.

Potatoes:

I prefer baby potatoes. Sweeter and cook faster. Slice up an onion. Slice baby potatoes in half. I add sugar, a few tablespoons. Add whatever cooking oil you gave, enough to coat everything, but don’t drown it. Add seasoning salt, garlic salt, and a bit of saffron. Mix everything in a bowl to coat. Put a scoop on a piece of foil. Seal up, fold up ends again.
    Turn your barbecue on to med low. Put potato packets on. Won’t take more than 8-10 minutes to cook. Once almost done, move to top rack away from heat. Turn bbq to low, put on fish. Should take 5-8 minutes. Easy.

DF8FB88B-5023-4C00-96E9-90EFEF5613F2.jpeg