1. Welcome to the Canadian Fishing Forum! If this is your first visit, please go ahead and sign-up to become a member! (Many threads and comments are visible only to Members who sign up with a VALID email address.) Do not hesitate to contribute and interact with fellow members.

Pete's Bobcat Service

Discussion in 'Paid advertising Text Ads. Dealers and Retailers' started by PeteK, Mar 28, 2020.

1. PeteK

PeteK Well-Known Member

Yard and Driveway Leveling and Excavation,fence Post and deck Pile drilling,6,9,12 and 24 inch diameters,also have a deck truck for towing,lock outs,boosts,Call Pete at 204-771-2433.

Attached Files:

2. Harpz

Harpz Well-Known Member

Pete... I'll be in contact with you in a couple weeks.. New build home, need to raise the grade and slope my yard

craigm likes this.
  3. PeteK

PeteK Well-Known Member

Perfect,thx!!!!!!

4. PeteK

PeteK Well-Known Member

add 11.jpg add 2.jpg

KDueck, craigm, Mike B. and 3 others like this.
  5. Mike B.

Mike B. Well-Known Member

If I end up needing fence posts drilled, I'll give you a call Pete. I might hand bomb it to keep costs low tho.

I know you do excellent work. Hope you're busy my friend!

PeteK likes this.
  6. PeteK

PeteK Well-Known Member

Thx @Mike B. you will get half way down one or 2 then you will call me, just like most people, hit a stone or root and your done, need to be 4 ft down to get past the frost line,then you will be into the rental as well as me,I can drill a lot of posts in a hour or 2. add 10.jpg

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Tony, Choppers, Jackfish and 3 others like this.
  7. Mike B.

Sweet. What's your travel range? ;)

8. PeteK

PeteK Well-Known Member

I charge travel so pretty much 100 km plus,been to Minaki more than once,of course you will get the CFF Deal.

Tony, Mike B. and Bryan like this.
  9. Mike B.

A hoodie and a handy from little spoon...? No thanks, I'll pay full price :laughing:

Thanks buddy. It'll be awhile most likely. Builder isn't coming to grade the property (included in sale) til late May/June but I'll be in touch. By then a nice cold beer will even better than they were last weekend in plus 11

lewbank, PeteK and Tony like this.
  10. Jzak

Jzak Well-Known Member

Drilling holes, even with a earth auger, is tough. Did a test run with an 8" bit last Fall and I was winded by the time I was done. Can appreciate using heavy machinery for drilling a couple dozen all at once for putting up a fence.

craigm, PeteK and Mike B. like this.
  11. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

If this shit plays out and I keep working I will be calling you to level a tandem of 3/4 down on my driveway.

Mike B. and PeteK like this.
  12. oldmanwinter

oldmanwinter Well-Known Member

Help you keep the costs down Mike I have the post hole auger to use if you go that route.

Mike B. likes this.
  13. Gord

Gord Well-Known Member

If you’re in gumbo and have lots to do you’ll be swearing A LOT!!! I could do it in my younger days but now......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike B. and craigm like this.
  14. craigm

craigm Well-Known Member

@Mike B. Yeah, what @Gord said. Drilling post holes by hand in the Red River floodplain is not fun. I can see toughing it out if it was just 1 or 2, but more than that....forget it.

Mike B. likes this.
  15. oldmanwinter

If he was smart he could get a competition hole drilling tournament on and everyone chips in say ten bucks and the winner takes all cash collected. By the way BYOB

16. glennie_rapala

glennie_rapala Well-Known Member

Get post hole auger attachments for Ion, Trophy Strike, and Strikemaster lithiums and have a competition to see who can drill post holes the fastest. Have a separate category for gas augers, and compare the auger performance of Aspen fuel to regular gas. And by all means spend weeks arguing about which auger is the best prior to the competition.

Or get Pete to do it all and save the hassle.

KDueck, Mike B., craigm and 2 others like this.
  17. oldmanwinter

The to keep things safe and comply with social distancing all PPE must be fully endorsed by the CCF.

KDueck likes this.
  18. Little Spoon

Little Spoon Well-Known Member

My guess is on @Patty winning

19. chrism

chrism Well-Known Member

Over the years, wisdom is one thing we all learn from our mistakes, and those of others.

Regarding drilling your own fence posts holes, Wisdom says, Call Pete!

Imagine if you broke your wrist drilling your own holes, and couldn't fish.... Just saying'

KDueck and Gord like this.
  20. Craig H

Craig H Active Member

This is certainly not to suggest going with Pete to install your fence posts is not the best option, and since you're dealing with an unfinished yard, drilled posts may be the way to go, but there is another option for a wood fence that a lot of people don't think of. These are a really slick option for anyone thinking of putting up a fence in an established yard that they don't want to mess up with equipment work.

Another option that I used at my place where I had a finished yard and didn't want to rip everything up and deal with the tailings was going with steel posts for the fence. I used to be in hands on construction and did a good number of fences, and using these steel posts is incredibly quick and efficient. I had a lot of tree's in the yard, so roots were going to be an issue. I simply ground a sharp edge on the bottom of any of the posts that were going near trees, and they cut right through the root if encountered. No mess or clean up required. Simply rent a pull behind compressor from a rental company for roughly $100 along with the air hammer, and you and a helper can install 100 of these posts easy in a day. They're rated for higher wind ratings than 4x4 wood posts so strength is not an issue. After they're installed, simply clad them with 1x6 to make the steel dissapear. The steel posts are about $35 each for 10's. Another advantage is that they are smoother than 4x4's with less surface area, so are much less suseptable to frost heaving. I did have one which was pushed up after a couple years, but a couple smacks with a sledge hammer on the top of the post had it back down to correct elevation, which can't be done with 4x4's. Because they are steel, they can flex, so if you go in the middle of a long span of fence, you can push on it and flex the length of fence, which you wouldn't be able to do as much with a well set wood post, but the fence stayed true and strait for the past 7 years with no heaving issues, which I've found to be the biggest issue with wood posts.

I will second / third / fourth the comments of everyone previously and I speak from learning the hard way, it is not worth your time or the strain on your back to attempt to hand dig, or hand drill post holes. An experienced operator like Pete will make quick, clean, and correct placement of the post holes, and will have the means of getting the tailings dealt with for you. If you're digging / drilling the holes by hand yourself, you have the added pleasure of once that is done, you get to spend another day using a spade to get the tailings into a wheel barrow, and transport that into another trailer you may have to get rid of them, and possibly handle them one more time at where every you're dumping them.

Attached Files:

Choppers, Tony, craigm and 1 other person like this.