1. Welcome to the Canadian Fishing Forum! If this is your first visit, please go ahead and sign-up to become a member! (Many threads and comments are visible only to Members who sign up with a VALID email address.) Do not hesitate to contribute and interact with fellow members.

On The Menu Today...Cipaille

Discussion in 'Share Your Fish Cooking Recipes.' started by Frank_NK28, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Frank_NK28

Frank_NK28 Well-Known Member

Pronounced sea pie is a traditional Quebec meat pie believed to have originated in the Gaspe Region. Traditionally it was made from meats from the fall harvest including deer, moose, caribou, rabbit, grouse, pheasant, elk, duck, goose and any combination thereof but today it's primarily beef, pork and chicken. I try to stick to the traditional making as much as possible but of course we don't have great upland hunting here so I use chicken and pork with deer, moose, goose and duck. I had grouse for it this time until Deb thawed it a few weeks ago thinking it was chicken breasts...lol...so much for that!
    Todays has deer, moose, goose, chicken and pork. Can't wait to dive in when Deb gets home from work this evening!
    B3FBF675-74FB-481A-8D2F-445FF4ED066A.jpeg

Miss Tesla, KDueck, Gord and 3 others like this.