1. Welcome to the Canadian Fishing Forum! If this is your first visit, please go ahead and sign-up to become a member! (Many threads and comments are visible only to Members who sign up with a VALID email address.) Do not hesitate to contribute and interact with fellow members.

Angler's Edge Mapping

Discussion in 'Paid advertising Text Ads. Dealers and Retailers' started by craigm, Dec 31, 2015.

1. craigm

craigm Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! Angler's Edge Mapping is a small business based out of Winnipeg. We started mapping lakes in Manitoba and Northwest Ontario in 2009 to help us catch more fish. In 2012 we decided to make a go of our passion as a small business.

We currently sell large-format print maps that are designed to hang on the cottage wall. These maps are high-resolution, and use colour gradients and contour lines to highlight features of a lake.
    All print maps come block-mounted on MDF, and look amazing!

Also, a little bit of good news to share - our printing/mounting costs have recently been reduced, so prices on all of our print maps have been lowered by ~10%!
    They still ain't cheap ($115 - $220 depending on the lake), but you get what you pay for!
    Orders can be placed via our website: www.anglersedgemapping.com

Garner Lake Blockmount.JPG

We also sell digital maps on Micro SD/SD cards, which are compatible with Lowrance Elite and HDS sonars. The packages listed below are currently available on our website www.anglersedgemapping.com, and at Pro-Am Tackle. Individual digital maps can also be purchased via the Navico Go-Free store: www.gofreemarine.com.

AEM ad for CFF small.jpg

We are expanding our coverage, and customers wishing to upgrade their 2015 chips will certainly have the option to do so (once the 2016, 2017, etc. versions are released).

Upgrade costs will be proportional to the amount of new content, plus a small processing fee.

The quality of our surveys, post-processing and presentation yields a product that we feel is on another level compared to the other maps available for anglers in this neck of the woods. Just to give you a taste, screen shots from an HDS-7 showing a section of the Winnipeg River are attached.
    shot003.png
    shot004.png
    shot005.png
    When we stumbled upon CFF a few months ago we were surprised (and excited!) to find an electronics sub-forum dedicated to Angler's Edge....if anyone has any questions related to AEM, there are several guys on the forum who are running our digital maps, and @robm or myself will definitely be around to help out!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2015
    Hassett, Coward, lake-fisher and 4 others like this.
  2. Green

Green Well-Known Member

Do you have that wall mount picture on your site ?
    Was looking at the prices a while ago and couldn't believe that it was $100 + for a "paper map" but if I was looking at the wall mount "art" option that is pretty awesome !

craigm likes this.
  3. craigm

craigm Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback!

We have the wall mount picture on the website, but you have to click a link for it to pop up (and it may not have been on the site at all a few months ago). You aren't the first who has reacted that way initially regarding the cost of the print maps, so maybe we need to make a few changes in terms of how we promote them (learning!!)....but everyone seems to appreciate the value once they see the block-mounts in person. And now the prices should be a little bit easier to stomach!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    Green likes this.
  4. Inmate

Inmate Well-Known Member

Love AEM, it has helped convince me to go with a big(ish) Lowrance.

When I click on the paper map option I see the blurred out version (I know why lol). Question is, is there a lake you can do, from the states or even a gravel pit. Where someone on the site could see the map in all its HD detail. Just something to look at so you can see just how amazing it would look in person.
    Thx.

craigm and Patty like this.
  5. Patty

Patty Well-Known Member

Awesome, can't wait to upgrade to lowrance!!! Lowrance should give you a few bucks for all of us guys jumping from the humminbird ship!!!

Don't worry about the cost, I'm sure you guys went through a prop or two creating these maps!!!

craigm likes this.
  6. Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

The maps chips are great, I've been using them since the beginning of September on the Winnipeg River. Cant wait to upgrade to add a few more locations.

craigm likes this.
  7. craigm

craigm Well-Known Member

Awesome, glad to hear it @Inmate! Maybe a sacrificial lamb is in order.....we'll work on that, but in the meantime if anyone wants to see a hard-copy in person, Pro-Am has a print of Falcon up on the wall (with all the fish photos).

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    Inmate likes this.
  8. Inmate

Inmate Well-Known Member

Good to know. I do a ton of work at a big cabin at Caddy. I keep forgetting to mention to them about this. They currently have the old DNR map hanging up. Thought they'd want to upgrade.
    I'm personally waiting for the Lee River area. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge

9. Inmate

Inmate Well-Known Member

Also back to my original Q: Could you shade in what Navionics has for lines and use something like that as a sample?

10. lake-fisher

lake-fisher Well-Known Member

I just figured out which link to click to see the printed map mounted. Its the blue circle next to "print map". When clicking on the map itself, only the blurred out map appears, not the mounted map. I didnt realize until you posted the wall mounted print map that that was what I would get if ordering the print map.

craigm likes this.
  11. craigm

craigm Well-Known Member

A mention would be great, thanks. The Lee River area is at the top of our priority list, so you shouldn't have to wait too long!

We could, I know @Mike B. and @Jneuf have done a few side-by-side comparisons.....

Inmate likes this.
  12. Jneuf

Jneuf Well-Known Member

Hey @Inmate

Here is a Winnipeg River side by side comparison vs Navionics. It's pretty phenomenal. I spent a good chunk of a day going over the Falcon Lake map the other day. It's amazing!

[​IMG]

Tony, Cam, glennie_rapala and 5 others like this.
  13. NoShow

NoShow Well-Known Member

Yikes! That is a pretty amazing detail sonar map.. Sure gonna be tempting to discard the bird for a lowrance in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patty and craigm like this.
  14. lake-fisher

lake-fisher Well-Known Member

In addition to better detail, Angler's Edge Mapping covers lakes that are not mapped on my Navionics plus chip. For example, I purchased the Southern Whiteshell 2015 AEM chip and it includes Caddy Lake, Falcon Lake, West Hawk Lake etc... These lakes are not mapped on my Navionics plus chip.

craigm likes this.
  15. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Very dissappointed with you Craig. I just read that MikeB has a teaser for LW. What the heck? I thought we were friends, lol.

Just bugging ya man. I was just wondering if this will be part of the 2016 upgrade? I have the Elite 9 sitting beside me mounted to my PC desk. I have been checking out some of the differences with pulling up Navionics on my PC and checking the AEM on the Elite. I absolutely love it! As much as I enjoy ice fishing I cannot wait to get this out in the boat in the spring. Keep up the great work Craig and Rob!

craigm likes this.
  16. craigm

craigm Well-Known Member

Haha, yeah...@Mike B. is extra special. :) He's a hardcore angler, and extremely knowledgeable regarding sonar and mapping technology. He is now on our Pro-Staff and has the unenviable task of field testing our new content....:wink:

Glad to hear you are liking the maps so far....this is a first for me, mid-winter....but I'm excited for spring too.

LW is not currently scheduled to be part of the 2016 release (which is slated for March or April 2016)....we have only mapped a small (in the relative sense) section of the south basin so far, long way to go. Optimistic that we can hammer it this summer, but we will see. She is a little bit of nasty in the summer....really gotta get the right weather to collect good data on Peggy.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    Tony and Ernie like this.
  17. Jneuf

Jneuf Well-Known Member

@craigm - maybe I missed it somewhere, but have you guys published all the lakes that will be in the spring 2016 update?

Tony likes this.
  18. craigm

craigm Well-Known Member

Not officially no, although one could glean a lot from the "new" print maps added to our store (Bird, Summerhill, Big Whiteshell, Brereton, Shoal Lake (North of Cash Island section). Probably one more small body of water on top of that (I'm happy with its state following post-processing). Official details regarding new content and update logistics should be released in February.

Tony, Inmate, Jneuf and 1 other person like this.
  19. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Ya you put that map in the right hands Craig. Mike was highfiving you and your brother's work long before a lot of people even knew about it. He also has the knowledge to test it and give you the proper feedback. Something this rookie anlger couldn't do. ;) I just had to throw a rub in there.

Sign me up for the 2016 update my friend!

craigm likes this.
  20. craigm

craigm Well-Known Member

Thought I'd post a few of the fuzzies for our newest block-mounts....

Big Whiteshell 28 by 27 pixelated.png

Bird Lake 42 by 17 pixelated.png

Brereton Lake 20 by 38 pixelated.png

Summerhill Lake 28 by 21 pixelated.png

Shoal Lake North of Cash Island 41 by 12.5 pixelated.png

Tony, lake-fisher, Bryan and 4 others like this.