1. Welcome to the Canadian Fishing Forum! If this is your first visit, please go ahead and sign-up to become a member! (Many threads and comments are visible only to Members who sign up with a VALID email address.) Do not hesitate to contribute and interact with fellow members.

First Round Picks of CFF Picture Contest

Discussion in 'Canadian Fishing Forum News' started by Diesel, Sep 21, 2015.

?

"All Members" Please Vote on Your Two Favorite Picture/Stories

Poll closed Nov 12, 2015.
  1. Diesel... Post #1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hillbilly... Post #2

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. Celtic16... Post #3

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
  4. mattpaul... Post #4

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  5. Tocino... Post #5

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. A_Manitoba_Angler... Post #6

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. Murds... Post #7

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  8. MT_STRINGER... Post #8

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  9. lewbank... Post #9

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  10. fishinfirefighter... Post #10

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  11. JiggingD... Post #11

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  12. Neil... Post #12

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  13. Dan_Ham... Post #13

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Andrew... Post #14

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  15. Mike B.... Post #15

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  16. ribbie... Post #16

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  17. Fisher Gurl... Post #17

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Diesel

Diesel New Member

image.jpg
    First time out fishing, just for "the Halibut" ;) off the coast of Port Renfrew on Vancouver Island. One of my favorite times out on the coast. Can't wait to go again. We ate very well for a few days.

gillflare, ribbie, Andrew and 7 others like this.
  2. Ken (hillbilly)

Ken (hillbilly) Well-Known Member

This is a picture from last year of my Dad holding a nice little Bass he caught while out fishing with my son and I. It was a special trip for us as my dad was still recovering from a serious medical condition. We all had a great trip as you can see from the smiles all around!!
    10696291_10152694535822641_7902628708652564186_n[1].jpg

gillflare, Andrew, BigM and 3 others like this.
  3. Celtic16

Celtic16 Member

This was the second master in ten minutes for the Bhoy. After rubbing it in for a bit, and reminding the rest of the group that we were all rocking the stripe, my friend told my son "If you catch one more fish, you're going back down the hole with it." My son quickly snapped back "Well who is going to teach you how to fish then?" Never been prouder to wear the stripe.
    [​IMG]

4. mattpaul

mattpaul New Member

My personal best Walleye to date at 33.25" from athapap! I was trembling when I seen the head break the surface of the water and had to sit down for a half hour almost to get rid of the shakes lol when I say I live to fish I mean it!!! image.jpg

gillflare, Andrew, abousetta and 15 others like this.
  5. Tocino

Tocino New Member

My boss took my dad and I on a fly-in fishing trip to small lake last summer. Caught this 42" on our last day before the rain rolled through. Awesome week of fishing!
    0020.jpg

gillflare, BigM, mattpaul and 4 others like this.
  6. A_Manitoba_Angler

A_Manitoba_Angler Active Member

My personal best catfish, 39 inches and probably 25-30 pounds if I had to guess the weight. I never bother weighing fish. Just as my buddy snapped this picture, the slimy beast clamped down on my fingers and hand with his jawbone! The look in my eyes says "Ouch! You ***&^^%%$%^!!!!, and the fin covering my mouth looks like a sensor lol! My buddy almost threw up laughing so hard after this one! It was a fun night! catfish.JPG

gillflare, Andrew, BigM and 3 others like this.
  7. Murds

Murds New Member

I started kayak fishing a few years back, but this year I was determined to go for big beasts from the yak and that search started with some Dino hunting in the Whiteshell. It was my first time targeting dinos and I made sure to do all the research to make sure I had all the proper tackle, techniques, and used proper handling, and went with my good buddy. Sole goal was to hook into a master and was lucky enough to get it done in the first outing with this 52" beast! And from the Yak, what a fight and thrill!! Will never forget it and am hooked Dino 13.jpg on going for monsters from the yak. Had the gopro going to take the fish out of the water from one side of the yak and then immediately release into the water on the other side as to minimize out of water time and got this cool still out of the video.

Rikmon, gillflare, Mike B. and 10 others like this.
  8. Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

I was bugging the wife to come on the Red for Greens, of course the weather had to be right. She nailed this beauty seconds after she dropped drown her jig. She has since caught MA on everybody of water I put her
    on

IMG_0874.jpg

9. lewbank

lewbank Well-Known Member

My wife ~7 months pregnant with our first kid catching multiple MA lakers on Clearwater in one afternoon. This one was 37.5". The following day ~2 minutes into the Bill Bannock my mom ices a laker that is good enough for 2nd winning her a brand new snowmobile. Needless to say one hell of a weekend, and the $5 beers at the derby didn't seem to bad after all of that!

Attached Files:

gillflare, Cam, mattpaul and 6 others like this.
  10. fishinfirefighter

fishinfirefighter Well-Known Member

Ice fishing last winter with my little girl. She was so proud of her sauger.

Attached Files:

gillflare, abousetta, ribbie and 4 others like this.
  11. JiggingD

JiggingD Member

My cousin had been bugging me for a while to take her for some "real" ice fishing, most if not all of her ice fishing was done on St Malo Lake where the bulk of fish caught were smaller perch and hammer handle pikes, her hubby is more of a house cat so she doesn't have very many opportunities to get out to other lakes.
    We had a great day on LW and it was time to start packing up to head home, I told her to keep fishing as I packed everything, started up the sled then I heard her scream like she was dying, then she pulled this up....32" big girl

Attached Files:

12. Neil

Neil Well-Known Member

This is my little nephew with me and his nice walleye that he caught and ate all by himself. He had to eat the whole thing if we kept it and could not waste the fish at all. Its not the first fish he caught all by himself (I have that photo as well as it was with me) but this is his 2nd or 3rd. But first one that he ate and watched me fillet. He is going to be a great fisherman one day!!
    jake.jpg

gillflare, robm, abousetta and 15 others like this.
  13. Dan_Ham

Dan_Ham Active Member

First time going out for Smallmouth with my dad and a good buddy. Day started off with good weather for about 30min then the rain started and did not let up at all. Got dumped on all day but still managed to boat around 50 smallies with a bunch of masters. This was the biggest one for me @ 19.5" 11230975_10153367695277964_4225968040997422444_n.jpg

gillflare, ribbie, Patty and 2 others like this.
  14. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

This is a photo of me losing a fight with a 39.5" pike that I had a 50% interest in. A buddy and I were fishing at the mouth on a wickedly cold day - our neighbours were mainly snobears. It was pretty slow going until we mark something that looks prehistoric.

Blam! It nailed his live target, his rod doubled over and he's fighting like crazy. Suddenly my rod dipped in its holder - a double header? No, the fish was tangled.... In my main line and both our deadsticks... I frantically opened bails and tried to prevent a bigger knot.

He brought the fish to the hole and I pulled it out and out and out, haha. The pike had devoured his lure and taken mine halfway in its jaws. It was wrapped up every which way in lines. We worked like a NASCAR pit crew to get it photographed and back in the water. Trouble was, neither of us had brought a jaw spreader! So he suggested we use the rubber-sheathed end of the spoon to pry its mouth open enough to remove the lure.

Well, the plan worked, but as soon as the lure was out, that pike clamped down on the spoon hard. Then it decided to fight back. It thrashed its head and slammed the business end of the spoon into my rods a few times before I could frantically grab it. My buddy was in tears laughing while I shouted "why the hell did we arm it?! How was giving a pike a weapon a good idea?!"

We both wanted the fish back in the water asap, so I fought with it until it let go, he got a photo holding it and the pike swam off all on its own. That bugger! It took almost an hour for us to sort out our gear afterwards. We couldn't decide if we should start bringing a video camera, or retire from fishing altogether.

We still debate who actually caught that fish. My buddy who played it, or me who brawled with it.

IMG_7547.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  15. Mike B.

Mike B. Well-Known Member

ChiChi LaPoos.jpg

My best friend and her chew toy on Lake Wpg

gillflare, Miss Tesla, Andrew and 6 others like this.
  16. ribbie

ribbie Well-Known Member

Has to be my first musky. Wish I had more confidence holding her but I was worried about dropping her if she thrashed. I'll work on my holds for future fish. ;)

Attached Files:

17. Fisher Gurl

Fisher Gurl Member

My first MA Walleye. Caught it on Lake Winnipeg (south basin) last winter. What an amazing feeling!!!! I dropped my phone in the ice hole just minutes after this shot so luckily I managed to send it to one person before that happened. I was too happy with my fish to even care about my iphone.

P.S. Nice pics guys/gals!

Attached Files:

18. Ernie

Ernie Administrator Staff Member

Ok Members, I know I said I will pick TEN (10) Picture/stories out of all the entries... But I just CANNOT narrow it down any more! I love them all! So I figured... Why should I have to choose? That's the member's job. :)

So here you have them...

I picked not only by picture, but also by interesting, unique story as well.

Thank to all members that entered the contest! We will do this again some day.

Good Luck to The winner/winners!!

Go ahead and cast your votes!

:thumbsup::bounce: :thumbsup:

19. Ernie

Ernie Administrator Staff Member

Poll will close after 7 days. (Novermber 11 2015)

20. lewbank

lewbank Well-Known Member

Can I give any votes that I may receive to Neil and Celtic16? I would really like to see one of the kids get the combo!

lake-fisher, Dave and abousetta like this.