1. Welcome to the Canadian Fishing Forum! If this is your first visit, please go ahead and sign-up to become a member! (Many threads and comments are visible only to Members who sign up with a VALID email address.) Do not hesitate to contribute and interact with fellow members.

Home Page Content

Discussion in 'Canadian Fishing Forum News' started by Ernie, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Ernie

Ernie Administrator Staff Member

Hello Members.

Ok, I'm going put this on here because I want some input from the members.

The goal of the Canadian Fishing Forum is to be a forum "by the members, for the members". In any and every way possible, I'd like to hold and stick to that rule.

At this time in the life of the forum I need to add some content to the Home Page of the forum. Now, I could very easily create this content myself. Same as I have done many times with many of my websites. But this forum is different. I'm not looking to see how much revenue I can generate with the least amount of effort with this forum. That is why you don't see any adverts being displayed from random addvertising platforms.

That being said, we still need a Home Page that contains valuable content, is SEO optimized, and at the same time is appealing to both new visitors and current members.

So here is where I'm asking for input from the members. Lets hear your thoughts on the following idea...

We have some amazing members on here. I believe a lot of you members are a goldmine of information when it comes to anything angling. Everybody is an expert at something concerning "fishing". It might be your an expert at targeting walleye. Or you might be an expert at choosing the right fishing rod for jigging for perch. Or, it might be as simple as how to organize your tackle box. I could create a list a mile long. But you get the drift...

I wanna ask members if any of you would be interested in writing a 400-600 word article on something you are well versed at. Something you are confident you can contribute valuable information about. You do not need to be a profectional writer to write about something you know. All you would to do is write the article.

It doesn't matter what software you use to write it. Notepad or MS Word or whatever. Doesn't matter. I would edit and format the content as need be. The auther would be given credit if the content is used. All content submitted would be featured on the front page for a set amount of time. The time it would spend being featured on the front page would depend on my website statistics. Articles that generate good visitor and search engine hits and interest would stay featured longer.

Anyways, because I want this to be a forum that caters to the wants and needs of it's members, I thought I'd put this on here to get a pulse on what the members think.

Let's hear your thoughts on this.

Thank you.

Ernie

Patty likes this.
  2. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to throw my hat in the ring with some ice fishing content, although my system is largely cribbed from actual pro anglers, whereas I'm a confirmation!ed weekend warrior... There are a couple projects I've written up before (and since removed from the internet) that might be useful, along with new ones I want to do this season.

Maybe featuring a post on the front page would be easier than dedicated articles? I know garagejournal does that, which is nice because they can be discussed in the forum.

Ernie likes this.
  3. Ernie

Featuring a post on the home page is axactly what I was thinking of doing. I didn't want to get to deep into details on my OP.
    I do need stress, any content must NOT be duplicate content. It can not be on the Internet anywhere else. I have software that will scan the Internet for duplication and copy.

4. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

No problem. I just meant that, for example, the rod holders on my snowmobile is a practice that I'd learned from an article by Roger Stearns - that sort of thing. I'm all for giving credit where it's due. If a better article exists (like that one by Roger), then there's no sense to me reinventing the wheel.

The stuff I'd previously posted was at the other forum and has since been removed. The posts would be new, and the photos would be unique. The komatik construction project will be a new one this fall. I'll have 1 or 2 week long trips that I'd enjoy writing about, because those are the sort of threads that inspired me to get on it!

Ernie likes this.
  5. Rayf

Rayf Member

Is axactly a word?

6. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Dafinitely.

7. Ernie

I'm interested @Andrew. Doesn't matter if a better article exists somewhere else. That will always be the case with anything. Only thing that matters (legally) is that it's unique.

Andrew likes this.
  8. Slough-Shark

Slough-Shark Member Banned

This will out me... but... i could do a monthly "Survival Tip" for you, just something short of you like. Anything i can do to help.

9. Donovan

Donovan Well-Known Member

SEO on Canadian Fishing Forum is going to be key for the front page of Canadian fishing forum...I speak from experience....worry less about cohesive well written articles on the home page of Canadian fishing forum and concentrate heavily on Canadian fishing content for bass, walleye, pike, catfish, sturgeon, tackle, boats, etc and saturated keywords like bass, walleye, pike, catfish, sturgeon, tackle, boats, etc on Canadian Fishing Forum in one long run on sentence...on the front page of Canadian Fishing Forum talking about bass, walleye, pike, catfish, sturgeon, tackle, boats, etc on Canadian Fishing Forum....lol

Obviously this is extreme but no one reads the front page and you can't argue with results ;)

10. Ernie

Yup. You're 100% right @Donovan. That's the plan. All I need is the content. I'll adjust the optimization for keywords. But I need the content first before I can optimize for SEO.
    I also need the content for link building. I've already done quite a bit of deep linking, but I need some front end links to satisfy Google enough to get listed on the front page.
    I'll be doing a news release as soon as I get a couple articles on the front page.
    Search Engine Optimization needs to be done in the correct order for optimum results. Otherwise the results are very short term. Step one is relevant content. That's why I've brought this up in here. I'm thinking we have members on here that have a lot to offer. All it takes is an hour or two of their time to write an article on something they're knowledgable about. I can take it from there. ;)

11. Ernie

ribbie, Patty and Andrew like this.
  12. Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

Great article,

Patty likes this.
  13. Harpz

Harpz Well-Known Member

x2

Patty likes this.
  14. Ernie

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    Patty and Andrew like this.
  15. BIGGAMEFISHER

BIGGAMEFISHER Well-Known Member

Thanks x2!

Ernie likes this.
  16. ribbie

ribbie Well-Known Member

Good read Patty thanks for taking the time to put that together.

Patty likes this.