1. Welcome to the Canadian Fishing Forum! If this is your first visit, please go ahead and sign-up to become a member! (Many threads and comments are visible only to Members who sign up with a VALID email address.) Do not hesitate to contribute and interact with fellow members.
  1. Blake M

Blake M Well-Known Member

Hey guys and gals. New to this site and new to Manitoba actually. I met Ernie today. Great guy, told me I should join the page.
    So little about me. I am a die hard fisherman. I get the shakes when it's been too long between trips. Been fishing since I was about 2 or 3. Just moved to the beautiful Parkland region of Manitoba from Edmonton Alberta. I am absolutely blown away by the amazing fishery here. The lakes are so clean and clear. The fish are plentiful, big and healthy. I've been privileged to explore the duck mountains quite a bit. That place amazes me. So many lakes so close together, a great diversity of species and quality of the fish there.
    I am a spin and bait cast fisherman. Just started fly fishing this year and I am hooked. Such a different approach and delicate approach. I also absolutely love ice fishing as well. Super excited that we are now getting the below 0 Temps.
    I'm always looking for a buddy to go fishing with and am always down to try new waters. Have all my own equipment and a couple different boats. Excited to learn more about the waters around Manitoba.

Cheers ladies and gents.

robm, Cam, Rikmon and 11 others like this.
  2. Ernie

Ernie Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to CFF @Blake M

Awesome intro bud! Wast nice meeting you today. You'll fit right in.

For the record... I could tell right away you're CFF quality angler. :p ;)

3. Phil P. (HWM)

Phil P. (HWM) Well-Known Member

howdy Blake. ..

I also live in the parkland. .couple miles of the ducl.mtn. ..I can show you a few things around hear. ... i am also a die hard fisherman..no matter what season is in front of me...mught even catch a few fish as well. .:eek:

Ernie and Blake M like this.
  4. Blake M

Blake M Well-Known Member

Phil P that would be awesome. I'm currently getting my icefishimg stuff all ready to go. Lol. When ya free?

5. Phil P. (HWM)

Phil P. (HWM) Well-Known Member

Well I am a local outfitter/guide. .and ice fishing is my main time of the season. .for in the summer..I bang nails for a living. .I also have a bait/tackle shop in roblin .mb..

I will be going out for the first time on the ice..next wknd. .still have one more shed to finish this coming week. .then I am flexible. .

6. clawj

clawj Well-Known Member

Hi.

Inmate likes this.
  7. BigM

BigM Active Member

8. Ken (hillbilly)

Ken (hillbilly) Well-Known Member

Welcome Blake! Take Phil up on his offer if you get the chance, he is the trout whisper without a doubt!

9. Little Spoon

Little Spoon Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

10. Mike B.

Mike B. Well-Known Member

We are truly blessed with some incredible freshwater fishing options in MB and NW Ontario. Diversity here is amazing. You can fish stocked prairie ponds, basically a Great lake (or two), Canadian Shield water, big rivers, small rivers, rough fish, Bass, Walleye, Lake Trout, Crappie, Northern, Musky, Stocked Trout.....just amazing how lucky we are. I've looked at the map of AB and thought to myself- "As a fisherman, I'd be miserable here."

Welcome to the land of plenty. And welcome to a fishing board largely comprised of anglers, as opposed to guys that just talk about fishing....we actually fish here.

Patty, PeteK, craigm and 5 others like this.