1. Welcome to the Canadian Fishing Forum! If this is your first visit, please go ahead and sign-up to become a member! (Many threads and comments are visible only to Members who sign up with a VALID email address.) Do not hesitate to contribute and interact with fellow members.

I'm new here

Discussion in 'New Member? Come Introduce Yourself. Say Hello...' started by Mike B., Oct 22, 2015.

1. Mike B.

Mike B. Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

My name is Mike.

My hobbies include, fishing, long walks on the beach, nights by a fire, Snake Charming with the use of Cobras, and photobombing Kim Kardashian's buttocks

Please don't yell at me, I'm sensitive.

I don't want your secret spots, but I would really appreciate specific information to your favourite spot (just not your secret ones) where me and my 12 children can fish and enjoy nature.

I'm here mainly to crack the confusing code of Red River Catfish.....I just don't get it....do you wait, and then bait??...or do you bait, and then wait...??...if someone could help me with this, I'd be all ears.

No sarcastic replies please. I was a member at another fishing forum in Manitoba, and there were guys telling jokes, trying to be funny and withholding information that we all have a goddamm right to be given, it was disgusting!!

Nice to see a place where I can mooch without consequence, thank you

Please PM me all your waypoints.

gillflare likes this.
  2. Ernie

Ernie Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Mike!

I'm not Gona call you a liar... But I don't believe you when you claim you don't know if it's "wait then bait, or bait then wait"!

;)

3. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

If you don't know...you can always masturbate!

gillflare and Mike B. like this.
  4. glennie_rapala

glennie_rapala Well-Known Member

You'll have to ask an "expert catfish angler from shore" for that vaunted information. I think another forum at one time was run by such a specimen. I heard he made out like a bandit at fishing derbies too...

5. WalleyeSlayer

WalleyeSlayer Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Mike. I don't mind sharing my favourite catfish spot, assuming you are man enough to handle it...

First, fill all your pockets, and bodily orifices with putrid chopped goldeye chum; a spare mouthful could come in handy too, especially when they are feeding hard...

wade/swim out to here: 50.084396, -96.938954

brace yourself, it's a little washy there, but just hold your hands under water with handfuls of chum, and when you feel a nibble... grab the fucker!

Once you have them it is easiest to bite through the spine to incapacitate them, and just float them away for a buddy in a boat to pick up down stream.

If you are a catch and release guy, I would suggest tattooing a tape measure on your arm and a go pro implanted in your forehead.

Again, welcome aboard and hope to see you out there

btw, I call dibs on the West side of that channel

gillflare likes this.
  6. Cam

Cam Well-Known Member

Open water googan.

gillflare and Mike B. like this.
  7. Harpz

Harpz Well-Known Member

Welcome... if you're into trading gear I've got this years hottest pickerel rigs available for trade... the ones with the brass hooks

8. clawj

clawj Well-Known Member

Hi.

9. Phil P. (HWM)

Phil P. (HWM) Well-Known Member

welcome ..mike...

i am not much of help for you and the red river..for i never fished it...and i can see why you want cat fish for having all those mouths to feed...i hear you can send your kids searching the shore lines for ..p-rigs...that is all you and your family will need...as mentioned above fill all your pockets up with fresh cut bait..so it is nice and handy...and if you want a truck load of suckers in the spring..this will feed your family for months on end..and very good quality fish...you wont even try ///PICKERAL.////after that...then there is always carp..and drum..when you want to bulk up your freezer ..,you live in such a perfect place to target these sought after species...i wish you and your family the best...and good luck fishing...

10. BigM

BigM Active Member

11. chrism

chrism Well-Known Member

a pickerel rig with a heavy weight - i use a spark plug

Mike B. and Inmate like this.
  12. RonB

RonB Well-Known Member

WELCOME Mike!
    I am very interested in your input, and will be more than happy to share EXACT spots that have been shared with me from others.... in fact, here is one I have never tried myself, but was told it is a GREAT place to troll for the big old girls...... 49°53'03.2"N 97°10'50.4"W .......
    Speaking of big old girls....what type of wide angle lens are you using to capture KK's buttocks? Any attempts I have made with anything that wide involved "panoramic" setting!
    ....and don't fret those comments about P-rigs.... I use them lots, almost exclusively...................... instead of tinsel on the Christmas tree!!

happy to be part of this great new forum where we all will be totally respectful of each other, and commit to NO BS in postings!

Have a great one Mike...... (or 2 or 3...) :thumbsup1::thumbsup1::thumbsup1:

13. Mike B.

Mike B. Well-Known Member

I sense some sarcasm in a couple posts....I'm calling the fun police...... it's ringing.....still ringing.... "....yes, hello....Spartan? ...Hi. There are some posters here that hurt my feelings......uh...no... there names arent actually 'WalleyePro52' or 'Bassassasin63' and they're not asking for shore spots for Walleye or Bass......I know, I agree, I thought it was weird too......so anyways....there was some....yes, sarcasm, you guessed it......you'll get right on the ban machine...? perfect. thanks........ Right, I won't be getting off topic anymore. If someone posts about Lockport I won't say Lockport sucks...I realize that I'm evil...I'm sorry.....Yes, me too! I also enjoy typing on a computer about a sport I'm not even active in, in the least bit ......I'm glad we had this talk as well....... Good luck in your non-fishing as well! Thanks! *click*

Patty, Steve, gillflare and 2 others like this.
  14. Green

Green Well-Known Member

15. gillflare

gillflare Well-Known Member

You probably know this from the other forum already but you can't go wrong trolling a Red Devil tipped with a rubber perch. If all your kids are doing the same then make sure you don't keep more cats on your stringer than your limit. A guy fishing from shore next to me April 10th in Lockport while we were fishing for cats told me the limit was 10. GL!

16. Rikmon

Rikmon Active Member

I was looking forward to this :)

17. chrism

chrism Well-Known Member

FREAK!

Mike B. and Rikmon like this.