1. Welcome to the Canadian Fishing Forum! If this is your first visit, please go ahead and sign-up to become a member! (Many threads and comments are visible only to Members who sign up with a VALID email address.) Do not hesitate to contribute and interact with fellow members.

Members Contemplating signing up...

Discussion in 'Canadian Fishing Forum News' started by Ernie, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Ernie

Ernie Administrator Staff Member

When signing up as a member on the Canadian Fishing Forum, Do not use strange email addresses or weird usernames. You WILL get hung up in the Spam Fillter installed on here. I have approved a few of the strange looking email addresses, but I can't be doing this all the time. Weird usernames I will NOT approve.

From here on forward... if caught in the Spam Fillter, It'll have to stay there. IMO, seriouse members will use a VALID email address and a REALISTIC looking username.

Thank You.

Ernie

gillflare and Harpz like this.
  2. PeteK

PeteK Well-Known Member

Sorry Ernie,should have read the rules first,could you still change it?Pete.

3. Ernie

Hey Riley, there's nothing wrong with your username or your emal address.

I'm talking about guys trying to sign up with '3271TJR' as a username, and something like 'fgit56rtv98@hoymail.com' as an email address. These guys are not spam bots. they're actal real people. The spam bots get kicked straight to the can.

Personally, I think it's asking a bit much to force users to sign up with their real names. But, I'm trying to build this forum based on what the majority of the good, contributing, valueable members want. So if those members want real names, than that is definatly a rule we can incorporate.

Big Bad Northern Pike and PeteK like this.
  4. JLB

JLB Active Member

Ernie, I like the idea of using real names, I usually end any posts that I have done with real name, this goes back to WW, MA, then lastly the MFF. I know a few of the posters here and they know me, so to meet somebody I don't know from here it always a good starting point, but to each there own.

Joe

Ernie likes this.
  5. Inmate

Inmate Well-Known Member

Most guys know who I am, I prefer not to post my name on the Internet for privacy reasons. I will however respond to any and all PM's asking who I am. Thank you.

Dave and Patty like this.
  6. Ernie

I like it when users sign their comments with their name.