1. Welcome to the Canadian Fishing Forum! If this is your first visit, please go ahead and sign-up to become a member! (Many threads and comments are visible only to Members who sign up with a VALID email address.) Do not hesitate to contribute and interact with fellow members.

New to the Area (Vancouver)

Discussion in 'New Member? Come Introduce Yourself. Say Hello...' started by Fishycustard2, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Fishycustard2

Fishycustard2 New Member

Evening.

I’ve recently moved to the commercial drive area of Vancouver and cannot wait to get some line out.

I’ve recently been traveling Asia, NZ, Aus and have moved here for a couple of years. I’m looking forward to having a crack at the salmon and of course the Sturgeon fishing you have on offer here.

Regarding the Sturgeon fishing, how far down the river system do the fish come. I don’t have transport and don’t mind putting the hours in for a fish so any areas around this area to be suggested would be appreciated.

Regarding gear. I’ve only got two spinning outfits I’ve been traveling with. 2 x 4 piece rods ( one 10-40g casting and the other 50-100g casting) which probably are not right for this kind of fishing. Any suggestions on size of rods? Reels? Main line etc

I hope there’s someone out there with a few answers for me.

Cheers Sam - Fishycustard

Tony likes this.
  2. Frank_NK28

Frank_NK28 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.

3. clawj

clawj Well-Known Member

hi.