1. Welcome to the Canadian Fishing Forum! If this is your first visit, please go ahead and sign-up to become a member! (Many threads and comments are visible only to Members who sign up with a VALID email address.) Do not hesitate to contribute and interact with fellow members.

Political Discussions on CFF

Discussion in 'Canadian Fishing Forum News' started by Ernie, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Ernie

Ernie Administrator Staff Member

After taking the pulse of the Canadian Fishing Forum, and the members that have come to accept this place as a respectable forum to talk about all things fishing... I have have decided to take the advice offered by a lot of contributing members on here, to no longer allow any political discussions not directly related to "fishing".

From here on forward, any such comments will be removed without any warning sent to the OP. This should be fairly self-explanatory and not really a difficult rule to keep. I personally don't believe the Canadian Fishing Forum is the right place to debate these topics, and a vast majority of our members are not interested in those debates.

Thank you to all members for your valuable feedback.

Ernie

Gord, Garth, lake-fisher and 8 others like this.
  2. gillflare

gillflare Well-Known Member

I can't ever recall anyone ever changing their political beliefs after arguing with someone with opposing political beliefs. My parents and I agreed to stop arguing about politics after years of trying to sway each other even though I was totally right and they were wrong ;).
    I'd say not a bad move Ernie.

Mike B., Gord, Fishermang and 4 others like this.
  3. Phil P. (HWM)

Phil P. (HWM) Well-Known Member

i am with you ernie...by the way i would have to order snickers by the truck load..so i am out..:D:D..i keep it to fishing..

Gord, ribbie and Ernie like this.
  4. Cheebers

Cheebers Well-Known Member

Someone once told me that men should never discuss the following: religion and politics. I've maintained that policy all my life and commend you Ernie for implementing the same rule on CFF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gord, ribbie, abousetta and 2 others like this.
  5. glennie_rapala

glennie_rapala Well-Known Member

One can tune into all of the shittyness in the world at any time on the internet. I'd rather see discussions here about what's important - fishing.

Mike B., Gord, Garth and 7 others like this.
  6. mulefan

mulefan Well-Known Member

It's unfortunate that it seems that forums are a dying thing since the arrival of facebook. It's a non stop bombardment there of political rhetoric. I Like the atmosphere of a topic related forum such is here. Thanks for keeping the political crap out.

Frank_NK28, Mike B., FISHNUTS and 6 others like this.