1. Welcome to the Canadian Fishing Forum! If this is your first visit, please go ahead and sign-up to become a member! (Many threads and comments are visible only to Members who sign up with a VALID email address.) Do not hesitate to contribute and interact with fellow members.

Winchester Y Model 12 Deluxe Field

Discussion in 'SOLD' started by Frank_NK28, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Frank_NK28

Frank_NK28 Well-Known Member

I have for sale a Winchester Y series Model 12 Deluxe Field Grade. A bit of background for those who may not be in the know. The Y series were post 64 Model 12's manufactured from 1973-1981. Most were configured and sold as Trap Grades though a few Skeet models(very rare) and a few Deluxe Field models(rare) were made and sold. Y series guns were finished to look something like the original Pre-64 Pigeon Grade Trap guns with nicely figured stocks, three diamond checkering pattern on the forend, matte topped finished receiver with polished sides, matte finished magazine tubes, jeweled bolt & carrier and the one and only unique Winchester duckbill ramped ventilated rib.
    This one wears all those accoutrements with a nicely figured stock set and 30" full choked 2 3/4' chambered barrel with mid and end beads, polished jewel and carrier and the infamous Winchester Duckbill rib.
    Sadly the original owner must have stored the gun at some point without drying off some water drops and the metal suffered some cosmetic damage that has left it blemished but not pitted after a good cleaning with oil and 0000 steel wool. I bought the gun as is from a fellow on Canadiangunnutz with the understanding it was a Trap Model but once it arrived discovered it was a Deluxe Field.
    The previous owner knew little about shotguns and assumed because it had "fancy wood" it was a Trap Grade. My intention was to keep the gun, find a Trap stock to replace the Field stock, refinish the wood, reblue the metal and have a nostalgic fun trap gun or have the choke opened up to allow for steel shot and keep this as a backup waterfowl gun but I prefer shooting a 20ga these days at ducks and geese and I have since acquired something else so this is surplus to my needs.
    The gun is in fantastic mechanical condition, the takedown system is as tight as if still new and the gun pumps as smooth as if the slide is on roller bearings. The bore is shiny and perfect. The gun needs a recoil pad, there was none on it when I purchased it and the stock has a small chip at the toe which could be easily removed by cutting 1/4" from the stock before installing a new recoil pad. This would make a great gun for turkey shoots , great informal Trap gun or if the choke was opened for steel a fantastic waterfowl gun for someone that is not concerned about perfection or is the type to take on rebluing or refinishing the metal themselves. Asking $600....
    M12-14.jpg M12-15.jpg M12-13.jpg M12-12.jpg M12-10.jpg M12-9.jpg M12-7.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Frank_NK28

Frank_NK28 Well-Known Member

SOLD That didn't last long!