1. Welcome to the Canadian Fishing Forum! If this is your first visit, please go ahead and sign-up to become a member! (Many threads and comments are visible only to Members who sign up with a VALID email address.) Do not hesitate to contribute and interact with fellow members.

2018 AEM Content Preview

Discussion in 'Paid advertising Text Ads. Dealers and Retailers' started by robm, Dec 6, 2017.

1. robm

robm Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delays! We've literally been up to our ears processing data and doing other stuff related to generating new maps, we're still not done but didn't want to hold out any longer so we'll start revealing those that are done.

So without further adieu, we'll start it off with - *drum roll* - Flanders Lake! Flanders is nestled in The Nop along with Booster and Summerhill for those unfamiliar. In high water I believe you can actually get into Summerhill from Flanders (and vice versa) via the creek at the south end although I've never done it personally. The addition of Flander makes 4 AEM Lakes within a 5 minute drive from one another when you include Bird. Gotta love The Nop!

Flanders Lake 33 by 11 pixelated.jpg

I did up another little video as well for a bit better of a preview featuring our exclusive non-cheesy anti-piracy technology, it includes Summerhill & Booster as well. ***watch in HD***

2. robm

robm Well-Known Member

disclaimer: @craigm says I may be wrong re: high water connectivity between flanders & summerhill...

Gord and Tony like this.
  3. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Saw the vid on Youtube before you posted. Excellent!

Gord, Patty and craigm like this.
  4. Jneuf

Jneuf Well-Known Member

Great job @robm and @craigm !

Love this little area of Nopiming, but haven’t been on Flanders yet. Always heard there were hazards, this will make me much more confident out there!

Tony, Gord, Inmate and 1 other person like this.
  5. ribbie

ribbie Well-Known Member

That wall art looks amazing. Good stuff boys!

Gord likes this.
  6. Jason7mm

Jason7mm Well-Known Member

Flanders has a max hp of 10hp... makes it a quiet lake to fish. In laws have a place out there. I can attest to the incredible fishing.
    A few hazards near the north end but otherwise it’s pretty safe.
    The access to summerhill is via a portage at the south end. Not too terrible but it for sure isn’t just a drive you boat between the two.
    Looks like I’m gonna have to spend more time up there with the HDS... after I get my card updated of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike B., Tony, Inmate and 4 others like this.
  7. Gord

Gord Well-Known Member

Been my favorite area Summerhill fished it a ton of times never been on Flanders although one of my old work buddies moved to Flanders when he retired.Oddly we hardly fished a Booster which is going to change now that I have AEM heard a lot of rock stories. We always beelined to Summerhill the same way and never had a problem with rocks. We used to camp on Summerhill years ago but they don't allow that anymore and we are too old to sleep on dirt lol
    We stay at Bird, Nopiming Lodge,Blaine is a great guy and is always good to us and we fish Bird the first day. I was checking Bird and found two reefs at that I didn't know about and I found 3 on Summerhill that I'm chomping at the bit to get too. Also saw some good stuff on Booster.
    Thanks AEM...

Tony, robm, Inmate and 1 other person like this.
  8. craigm

craigm Well-Known Member

Yeah, Flanders is pretty safe, and with a 10 hp limit you would be hard pressed to get yourself into trouble on it. Not like Booster and Summerhill. You don't want to be flying around those lakes without a pretty good understanding of the hazards.....so yeah, Flanders is pretty much a tinner lake.....but still a lake worthy of a good map. ;)

9. Jason7mm

^^exactly. i've taken a lot of good sized smallies from there... never a master to my name, but the wife gets one when we're in a bay and she gets bored of casting a popper, so she just lets the damn thing float there for five minutes while i'm trying to catch fish and wham! 18-5/8". she still doesn't let me forget about it lmao.
    curios if you guys have narrowed down a release date as it would be fun to get out there once or twice during the winter for a weekend with AEM on ice... get the wood stove in the cabin roaring again.

Patty, Bryan, craigm and 1 other person like this.
  10. craigm

craigm Well-Known Member

We haven't narrowed down a release date yet @Jason7mm ....still a ways to go on processing unfortunately. Hoping for early March, but I can't promise.

Bryan and Gord like this.
  11. Jason7mm

Bryan, craigm and Gord like this.
  12. Mike B.

Mike B. Well-Known Member

Looks great! Nice job on the vid. I thought the 10hp max was "suggested" by local cabin owners, as a result of too much unwanted boat wake. As I understand it, it's not enforceable by CO's. I take that as --just don't make a wake that is going to disturb docks...pretty straightforward and goes for all water.

Flanders looks great! ....but that's not the new water I'm REALLY looking forward to :wink:

Patty and Gord like this.
  13. Jneuf

Jneuf Well-Known Member

I had heard the 10 hp thing awhile ago but completely forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder @Jason7mm .

Looking forward to see what else you guys have in store for us!

Gord likes this.
  14. Jason7mm

yeah, i've heard conflicting reports... a CO buddy (not from that area mind you) says its suggested and wouldn't be enforced... but some of the cottage owners there swear its law and call the CO's about it - i've yet to see enforcement.
    my in-laws relative brought their decked out rig with a 150hp on the back... they literally idled to a spot and then used the bow mount with the main in the water for control and some people lost their minds. he didn't want to cause grief since he doesn't won the cabin he was staying at so he just pulled it out and went to Bird.
    its such a small lake that a 14' with an 8hp 4-stroke yamaha can go from end to end in no time. non-issue for us.

Mike B. and Gord like this.
  15. Gord

Gord Well-Known Member

I heard about that when I put in for the lottery way back when...
    If it's the law then so be it, I never went on that lake because of that, kinda takes away my right to go on a lake that the cabin owners are delegating what is and what is not allowed there IMO. But that being said if it law then it must be followed.

16. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

I don't see how they can implement/enforce a HP rating on a lake. Having restrictions on 2 strokes or even having lakes being electric only I can understand. If you are respectfull of the cottage owners and the shoreline I can't see a reason why something bigger than 10HP wouldm't be allowed.

17. junior1987

junior1987 Active Member

Not sure how it works, my boss has a 20 plus pontoon out there that he runs with a 10 cause of the law or not law. Sure makes it interesting when the wind picks up.

18. Patty

Patty Well-Known Member

Mike I'm not sure if the red got done this year, you might have to wait another year or two for that........

Tony, Mike B., EYEhigh89 and 8 others like this.
  19. Gord

Gord Well-Known Member

Dang and I live 2 blocks away

lake-fisher likes this.
  20. Gord

Gord Well-Known Member

Put a bug in my wife’s ear about moving to Pinawa. She started looking at houses 1 min later while in the car. Lol

Ernie likes this.