1. Welcome to the Canadian Fishing Forum! If this is your first visit, please go ahead and sign-up to become a member! (Many threads and comments are visible only to Members who sign up with a VALID email address.) Do not hesitate to contribute and interact with fellow members.

Our Forum is Growing to Fast...

Discussion in 'Canadian Fishing Forum News' started by Ernie, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shmee

Shmee New Member Banned

NO mod on MFF with those initials guys

Inmate likes this.
  2. Patty

Patty Well-Known Member

Not anymore anyway

Cam likes this.
  3. Kreutzer243

Kreutzer243 Well-Known Member

I believe it is a good idea. Only problem I see is I don't know anybody on this forum on a personal level. How would a guy like me get in.

abousetta likes this.
  4. Ernie

Ernie Administrator Staff Member

Good question @Kreutzer243 There will be a couple of options for guys n gals in your situation. You will not be cast aside.

I'm working on a system that will be easy, simple, and there'll be no need to jump through hoops.
    Yes, there'll be a couple more steps than simply entering an email, password, confirm email, vola you're in. But it wouldn't be difficult.
    I'll be implementing the changes slowly. This wouldn't happen overnight. I have a lot of coding to do over the next little while.
    In fact I've already got one of those steps implemented.
    As with everything software... I expect a few hiccups. But I strongly believe the end result will be worth it.
    Thank you everybody for your feedback. Both the positive and the negitive. I asked for your opinion, and you stated it. For those that chose to ignore the call to comment... You missed out on your vote. Not cool!

The vast majority members are ok with "some kind of controlled membership".
    A huge majority of members said they will go along with whatever I as administrator of the forum choose to do.
    I am humbled, yet at the some time proud at the trust you all that responded have shown towards me. For that Ill do whatever I can to provide you with a safe, secure, easily navigated, top-notch meeting place to talk about fishing. Our fishing forum.

5. Thane

Thane Well-Known Member

I look forward to any positive change you might implement Ernie.

I'm putting out the olive branch here PoBoy (Brad). You don't use my name in a negative fashion I'll do likewise, as I've done thus far on CFF. You don't have to like me but we both belong to the site so we deal with it as adults and use some tact and respect. Peace dude.

Personal disclaimer: I have not belonged to any special club or have lead any specific group within any of the fishing forums I have or have had membership within Manitoba or elsewhere. This also in particular applies to the TFL (Thefishinglodge) which exists but no longer has active membership. In addition, I've always used the same username (and no other), my first name, on all of the Manitoba Fishing Forums (back since 2004 or so) I have or have had membership within. Most importantly have never ONCE been banned or put on probation by any of the administration of the previously mentioned forums of new groups. This includes the now defunct Walleye Warrior and Manitoba Anglers (in several versions) as well as TFL, Ice shanty, Walleye Central and assorted other Facebook Fishing groups. I also do not represent any company or promote any of their goods.

Ernie, Cam and Shmee like this.
  6. chrism

chrism Well-Known Member

Lets all STFU and talk fishing now. Again, Ernie, i put forward a motion to close this thread!

PoBoy, Patty, Mike B. and 3 others like this.
  7. Phil P. (HWM)

Phil P. (HWM) Well-Known Member

X.-100..on that. .enough. .

8. Backroad Benny

Backroad Benny Well-Known Member

I was introduced to the forums in about 2003 or so by @beastman. Walleye Warrior. Aside from that friendship, I knew nobody either. All it took was time, passion for the sport and a social nature. Now I have numerous fishing buddies I met online. Not only fishing buddies, but true friends in all walks of life in some cases.

As far as "getting in", just be social, participate, show your success and if the opportunity comes up to get out with someone new, go for it.

Ernie and PeteK like this.
  9. Ernie

Ernie Administrator Staff Member

Backed by popular demand, thread is now closed.

Itnotover

:gonefishing2:

gillflare, rayzer, PoBoy and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.